FOSTER FOR NCBR
Our foster homes are our most important resource, without them we could not continue!
As a foster-based organization without a physical facility, we cannot carry out our mission of saving boxers without our team of amazing foster families. As a foster family, you are a bridge between a life in jeopardy and a life fulfilled. As if saving a life were not in itself enough, you will surely find a new best buddy in your foster dog, and an extended family among your fellow NCBR volunteers.
Why should you foster? It’s fun! It’s free. And, most importantly, it’s a temporary commitment with a lifelong impact.
- Veterinary care
- Medications (monthly preventative, and others as required)
- Vacation coverage
- Training support
- Transportation assistance
- Screening of adoption applicants
- Marketing for your foster dog
- Temperament testing of dog prior to placement
- Providing a clean, safe, and caring environment
- Monitoring your foster dog’s physical and mental wellbeing
- Collaborating with NCBR in finding your foster dog’s forever family
- Acting as an advocate for your foster dog and a representative of NCBR when meeting potential adopters
Foster Home Application
Are you ready to foster a dog in need? If so, please apply today!
Do senior boxers hold a special place in your heart? Apply to foster a senior dog today and make sure to choose “YES” on the foster home application to open your home to a senior boxer in need!
Reasons to Foster
- Every boxer you foster is a life SAVED!
- All vet expenses are paid for by NCBR
- Food, bowls and crates can be provided by NCBR if requested
- Mileage on your vehicle used while transporting to vet, events, etc., is tax deductible
- Seeing your time, love and dedication pay off in the faces of a happy family and boxer is… PRICELESS!